First, the challenge info:
This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.
Luckily for me Karen and Zorra offered a savory tuile version as well, by Thomas Keller. And I'll pick savory over sweet almost any time.
This was my first time making tuiles, and I went into it tonight a little nervous. They're not overly complicated, but there are a lot of steps, and molds and spatula-ing and molding. Fussy. The batter was easy to make, and was easy to spread. It took a few tries to get good even, not too thick, not too thin coverage.

I used some little ramekins to do the molding. It was trickier than I thought - of my 8, I got 3 pretty good ones, 4 pretty much flat ones, and one that fell apart in my clumsy fingers while I was trying to mold it.
I filled ours with curried chicken salad.
I really liked the flavor of the tuile, and if you can get a hang of spreading the batter and the molding, the possibilities would be endless! And I'm sure you can get a ton of ideas from checking out the other Daring Bakers - check out the blogroll.
This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.
Luckily for me Karen and Zorra offered a savory tuile version as well, by Thomas Keller. And I'll pick savory over sweet almost any time.
This was my first time making tuiles, and I went into it tonight a little nervous. They're not overly complicated, but there are a lot of steps, and molds and spatula-ing and molding. Fussy. The batter was easy to make, and was easy to spread. It took a few tries to get good even, not too thick, not too thin coverage.
I used some little ramekins to do the molding. It was trickier than I thought - of my 8, I got 3 pretty good ones, 4 pretty much flat ones, and one that fell apart in my clumsy fingers while I was trying to mold it.
I really liked the flavor of the tuile, and if you can get a hang of spreading the batter and the molding, the possibilities would be endless! And I'm sure you can get a ton of ideas from checking out the other Daring Bakers - check out the blogroll.
No comments:
Post a Comment